Porous PolytetraflonTM PTFE can be manufactured thanks to the use of a special pressing/sintering process. The size of the pores is statistically distributed. The average pore diameter can be set depending on the material and degree of compaction.
This combination of higher porosity and mechanical strength permits technically self-supporting solutions and therefore offers a clear advantage over competitor products, which often can only be used with support.
Films and components made of porous PolytetraflonTM PTFE combine a high degree of air permeability and water resistance, and are therefore optimally suited to media separation in filters and diaphragms.
Porous PolytetraflonTM PTFE is also an outstanding choice for optical applications as it exhibits almost constant reflectance in the wavelength range of 250–2,000 nm.
- Broadly adjustable air conductivity, water resistance and porosity
- Service temperature of between -200°C and +260°C (up tp +300!C for short periods)
- Almost universal chemical resistance
- Virtully limitless UV and wather resistance
- Antiadhesive behavior
- Good electrical and dielectric properties
- Inherently flame-retardant UL94 V-0
- Physiologically harmless
- Suitable for contact with foodstuffs