PTFE Plain Bearings - Friction Bearings - Maintenance free
For PTFE plain- or PTFE friction bearings an important prerequisite is that they work reliably over a long period of time and do not fail even under low-lube or dry running conditions.
They are particularly suitable for applications involving high p•v values and high thermal loads. This makes plain bearings (friction bearings) of ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics the ideal choice for use with aggressive media.
What’s more, our PTFE plain- or PTFE friction bearings can be used with confidence in applications involving contact with food or pharmaceutical products.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Corrosion free
- Large temperature range of –100°C to +250°C
- Suitable for high circumferential speeds under dry running conditions
- Suitable for high p•v values under dry running conditions
- FDA-compliant materials for life science applications
- Elringplast plain bearings: very good chemical resistance and wear characteristics in industrial washing machines
- MoldflonTM plain bearings: very high loads with damping properties for use in clutches
- MoldflonTM plain bearings: approvals for use with food and temperature resistance for use in conveyor systems in the food industry
- M-Liner dry plain bearings (wrapped bushes) : low friction and thin layers for use in actuator pins in electromagnets
Plain Bearing Types:
MoldflonTM Plain Bearings (Friction Bearings)
- p•v values of up to 2.5 N/mm2•m/s for the highest tribological requirements
- Lowest friction coefficient
- FDA, USP Class VI, BAM, 3A conformity available
- Dry running at speeds of up to 5 m/s
- Thin PTFE surface coating for optimal heat dissipation