PTFE Rotary Shaft Seals (PTFE lip seals) are often used in applications where traditional elastomer solutions would be unable to deliver the required level of performance.
Equipment which is required to operate with high pressures, high speeds or that requires a dry running rotary seal, can often only be accommodated by using products where the seal lips are manufactured from the latest filled PTFE polymer technology.
Several standard ranges of PTFE lip seals are available to cover a broad range of applications. In the case of very demanding or extreme applications, a custom designed solution may present the best opportunity to deliver the required level of performance.
Our PTFE shaft seals are the perfect choice in applications where the operational parameters are too severe for tradional elastomer solutions.
High shaft speeds, oil free operation, high pressure, long life and low friction are some of the parameters which align perfectly with the performance characteristics of the PTFE seals manufactured by ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics. With a comprehensive range of standard "off the shelf" seals to cover a wide range of applications, ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics is also specialized in custom solutions which are often produced to offer a "no compromise" solution to specific set of operational parameters.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Suitable for applications with high thermal loads
from –60°C to +200°C
- Suitable in case of insufficient lubrication and dry runs
- Also suitable for unhardened shafts
- Highly wear-resistant sealing lip compound
- Friction-optimized designs for minimum power loss
- Suitable for high circumferential speeds
- Low breakaway forces after prolonged downtimes (no stick-slip)
- Antiadhesive behavior of the sealing lip
- Special types available for the food processing and pharmaceutical industries
- Mineral and synthetic lubricants
- Pharmaceutical products and foodstuffs (FDA recommendations for certain PTFE compounds)
- Chemical waste water and wash water
- Corrosive, fluid, and gaseous media
- Powders and granulates
- Coolant and lubricant fluids
- Water and steam
- Resins, glues, and pastes
- Air/oxygen (BAM tests for certain PTFE compounds)
- Heat transfer oils
- Elro Seal-e - A new Standard for Electric Drives Electric mobility and alternative drive systems are responses to climate change, diminishing fossil ... pdf - file (1.15 MB)
- Speedflon™-New Radial Shaft Seals for Turbo Applications The seal systems of today´s turbochargers for gasoline and diesel engines have to met high standards. ... pdf - file (791.47 KB)