Corrosion and corrosion protection have a critical impact on product service life as well as the life cycle costs of apparatus and process plants, therefore representing one of the greatest challenges and problems of the chemical industry.
One approach to preventing corrosion is the use of individual, practical solutions made of PolytetraflonTM- PTFE, modified PTFE, MoldflonTM and other fluoropolymers.
As a leading company in fluoropolymer processing, ElringKlinger Engineered Plastics offers its customers a unique and innovative portfolio of consultancy, manufacturing, research, and materials expertise.
Fluoropolymers such as PolytetraflonTM PTFE offer important properties for addressing the specific challenges of the chemical industry:
- Almost universal chemical resistance
- High bending and tensile strength
- High temperature resistance
- Good electric and dielectric properties
- Absolutely no water absorption
- Antiadhesive surface
- Very high purity
- Nonflammable; LOI >95
- Light and weather resistance